Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Might Win update cut off my wifi connection?

Might Win update cut off my wifi connection?

Mejla

Hi, Im using WiFi USB key (Edimax) to access my Ovislink router and
furthermore the ethernet. Was working perfectly fine, but sudenlly it does
conect to the WiFi (Ovislink router) but does not access the internet. My
laptop continues working without problem so Im thinking of some collision
with any Win update in last 2-3 weeks.
Does anyone have any idea where the problem might be and if there s any
known update collision?
Thanks a million Mejla

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
No matter what the reason is, right now your only recourse is to find out
what is wrong in the Wireless Network.
Just go over all the settings and make sure that it is configured as it
should.
Maybe this can Help.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Mejla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Im using WiFi USB key (Edimax) to access my Ovislink router and
> furthermore the ethernet. Was working perfectly fine, but sudenlly it does
> conect to the WiFi (Ovislink router) but does not access the internet. My
> laptop continues working without problem so Im thinking of some collision
> with any Win update in last 2-3 weeks.
> Does anyone have any idea where the problem might be and if there s any
> known update collision?
> Thanks a million Mejla
> (E-Mail Removed)

smlunatick

On Oct 1, 9:14*pm, Mejla <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, Im using WiFi USB key (Edimax) to access my Ovislink router and
> furthermore the ethernet. Was working perfectly fine, but sudenlly it does
> conect to the WiFi (Ovislink router) but does not access the internet. My
> laptop continues working without problem so Im thinking of some collision
> with any Win update in last 2-3 weeks.
> Does anyone have any idea where the problem might be and if there s any
> known update collision?
> Thanks a million Mejla
> (E-Mail Removed)

Have you tried the Edimax USB key on a different PC, than the one with
the problem?

Also, does your wireless network show up in the "View available
networks..."