Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Ajax not working on IE6

Ajax not working on IE6

Daniel

Hi,

I'm building a site with Visual Studio 2008 utilizing ajax extension. The
page works fine on IE7/FireFox, but on IE6, each action on the page will
cause an entire page refresh. Basically the ajax isn't working at all. Some
controls from the ajax control toolkit are also used. Does anyone know what's
the trick in this issue?

Thanks.

Daniel

Hongye Sun [MSFT]

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post. My name is Hongye Sun. It's my pleasure to work with
you on this issue.

I am writing to let you know that we are performing research on this issue
right now. However, it is hard for us to do troubleshoot without
reproducing code. Could you please send us the project in zip file to us?
My email address is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.'.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Hongye Sun ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

(E-Mail Removed).

http://support.microsoft.com/select/...tance&ln=en-us.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]

Hi Daniel,

I have tried ajax extensions and ajax control toolkit on a same web page
and tested it in IE7 and IE6 but both of them are working. After searching
on the web, it looks like a rare issue. Since it is hard for us the
reproduce this issue, I strongly recommend you to send us the source code
or you can put the source code here (aspx makeup, code behind and
web.config files).

Please let me know if you have any question about this. I am looking
forward to your reply.

Regards,
Hongye Sun ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

(E-Mail Removed).

Hongye Sun [MSFT]

Hi Daniel,

I haven't heard from you after my last reply in this thread. I am not sure
if your problem has been well resolved or still need our assistance. Would
you mind letting us know your progress? I will be more than happy to be
assistance.

Regards,
Hongye Sun ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

(E-Mail Removed).
*

Daniel

Thanks Hongye, I haven't found a solution to this issue yet. Will send you
the source.

Thanks.

Daniel

""Hongye Sun [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I haven't heard from you after my last reply in this thread. I am not sure
> if your problem has been well resolved or still need our assistance. Would
> you mind letting us know your progress? I will be more than happy to be
> assistance.
>
> Regards,
> Hongye Sun ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
> Microsoft Online Community Support

> (E-Mail Removed).

Steven Cheng

Hi Daniel,

Since Honye has been absent this week, I'll help him work with you on this
issue. I've received the package you sent, currently I'll build a IE6
system to perform some test on this. I'll let you know the test result soon.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(E-Mail Removed).

--------------------

<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: RE: Ajax not working on IE6
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:21:00 -0700

>Thanks Hongye, I haven't found a solution to this issue yet. Will send you
>the source.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Daniel
>

>""Hongye Sun [MSFT]"" wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I haven't heard from you after my last reply in this thread. I am not

sure
>> if your problem has been well resolved or still need our assistance.

Would
>> you mind letting us know your progress? I will be more than happy to be
>> assistance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hongye Sun ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
>> Microsoft Online Community Support
>>
>> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments

and

Please
>> (E-Mail Removed).

rights.

Steven Cheng

Hi Daniel,

I have just take a look at the example page you provided. It seems the page
includes many other ascx user controls also referenced types, therefore, I
cannot quite run it on my side.

=================================

<%@ Register TagPrefix="azpn" Namespace="Aspentech.CUI.Controls"
Assembly="Aspentech.CUI.Controls, Version=6.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=9c3ccfb9174332f6" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="OrderParameters"
Src="../UserControls/OrderParameters.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="OrderDetail"
Src="../UserControls/OrderDetail.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="OrderBasicPhases"
Src="../UserControls/OrderBasicPhases.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="OrderResources"
Src="../UserControls/OrderResources.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="OrderResourceDetail"
Src="../UserControls/OrderResourceDetail.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="DisplayColumns"
Src="../UserControls/DisplayColumns.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="MainMenu"
Src="../UserControls/MainMenu.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="AuditReason"
Src="../UserControls/AuditReason.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" TagPrefix="asp" %>
===================================

Is it possible that we generate a simplified page(or a project which
contains only the the necessary stuffs) so that I can run it completely on
my side?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(E-Mail Removed).

--------------------
>Subject: RE: Ajax not working on IE6
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:21:00 -0700

>Thanks Hongye, I haven't found a solution to this issue yet. Will send you
>the source.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Daniel
>

>""Hongye Sun [MSFT]"" wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I haven't heard from you after my last reply in this thread. I am not

sure
>> if your problem has been well resolved or still need our assistance.

Would
>> you mind letting us know your progress? I will be more than happy to be
>> assistance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hongye Sun ((E-Mail Removed), remove 'online.')
>> Microsoft Online Community Support
>>
>> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments

and

Please
>> (E-Mail Removed).

rights.