Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re VGA connection problem to TV monitor

Re VGA connection problem to TV monitor

Deebrief

I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
monitor.

Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"

How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
clearer !!!!!

Cheers

Dee

George

"Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsh8Ek.986$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
> monitor.
>
> Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
>
> How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
> clearer !!!!!
>

> Cheers
>

> Dee

There is a special key on the keyboard near the CRTL key? you keep this down
whilst pressing another key on the 'F' keys marked with a monitor sign.

Jeff Strickland

You need to select the correct input on the TV menu, AND you have to tell
your laptop to output the signal to the External Monitor.

"Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsh8Ek.986$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
> monitor.
>
> Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
>
> How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
> clearer !!!!!
>

> Cheers
>

> Dee

Jeff Strickland

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zs8Ek.64336$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> "Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsh8Ek.986$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
>> monitor.
>>
>> Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
>>
>> How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
>> clearer !!!!!
>>

>> Cheers
>>

>> Dee
>>

> There is a special key on the keyboard near the CRTL key? you keep this
> down whilst pressing another key on the 'F' keys marked with a monitor
> sign.

I'd be pressing the FN key and the appropriate F Key.

Don McKenzie

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> You need to select the correct input on the TV menu, AND you have to
> tell your laptop to output the signal to the External Monitor.
>

> "Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsh8Ek.986$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
>> monitor.
>>
>> Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
>>
>> How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
>> clearer !!!!!

section isolate.

Get a standard VGA monitor, and get it working to that.
Yes, you will need to toggle the output with Fnc+F6 I think it is.

When you have this sorted out, then try hooking up to the TV. If the TV
has a 15 pin VGA input, then the TV menu should show something like "PC
Input". Select that.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie