Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Display pdf file in asp.net

Display pdf file in asp.net

bharath_r

Hi,

I am developing a web application where i want show a pdf file in a
web page. I want the pdf to occupy only a part of the webpage. I am
using a custom control as explained it the tutorial below.
http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-...m-Control.aspx

Basically it uses iframe object.
<iframe src=//localhost/ManagedPay/fw9.pdf width=856px height=352px

It all works fine unless the pdf is in the same directory as the
project or is in a virtual directory. But in my project the pdf files
will be in a shared directory(not a virtual directory) on a different
machine, in which case i will have to do Response.WriteFile which will
give me a dialog saying you want to 'open' or 'save' the file. If i
say open, it will open the file in a different page which is what i do
not want to happen. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks
Bharath