Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Looking for a good open-source application or starter kit.

Looking for a good open-source application or starter kit.

cowznofsky

My needs are relatively simple. I'm putting together a web site
prototype that has some very minimal e-commerce type stuff. I've been
away from asp.net for a little while.

It's not a store, so I'm not looking for that specific functionality.
It will include to facility to maintain a product list.

I'm looking for a starter kit that will hande users in different
roles, and allow them self-service to maintain their contact
information and passwords.

I'm looking at dashCommerce right now, but I'm having some issues and
it hasn't won me over yet. I've previously used the CSK, which was ok
for a while, but too complicated.

I'm not looking for a lot of features or a long learning curve, just
something solid that can look decent without a lot of work.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Check out www.dotshoppingcart.com. I like it better than dashCommerce
because it doesn't use SubSonic. I prefer the old stored procedure approach
myself, which makes dotshoppingcart more attractive for my tastes. The open
source version is on a link in the right-hand column of their home page.
Really nice stuff!

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sep 28, 11:47*pm, "Mark Fitzpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Check outwww.dotshoppingcart.com. I like it better than dashCommerce
> because it doesn't use SubSonic. I prefer the old stored procedure approach
> myself, which makes dotshoppingcart more attractive for my tastes. The open
> source version is on a link in the right-hand column of their home page.
> Really nice stuff!
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark Fitzpatrick
>
> "cowznofsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > My needs are relatively simple. *I'm putting together a web site
> > prototype that has some very minimal e-commerce type stuff. *I've been
> > away from asp.net for a little while.

> > It's not a store, so I'm not looking for that specific functionality.
> > It will include to facility to maintain a product list.

> > I'm looking for a starter kit that will hande users in different
> > roles, and allow them self-service to maintain their contact
> > information and passwords.

> > I'm looking at dashCommerce right now, but I'm having some issues and
> > it hasn't won me over yet. *I've previously used the CSK, which was ok
> > for a while, but too complicated.

> > I'm not looking for a lot of features or a long learning curve, just
> > something solid that can look decent without a lot of work.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I'm just trying it now. Very nice.