Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Joystick Problem

Joystick Problem

Paul

Running Vista Ultimate 64

When I plug in the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick the it recognizes new
device then searches for driver it then gives me the following error

Windows encountered software for your device

Windows found software for your device but encounted an error while
attempting to install it
%HID_Device%
An error occurred during the installation of the device:

The driver installation file for this device is missing a necesssary entry.
This may be because the file was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
your hardware vendor.

Loaded last file from Logitech but same error

Any suggestions.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Sounds like a problem with the Logitech drivers. I'd start with their
support FAQs or Forum if they have one.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Paul " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Running Vista Ultimate 64
>
> When I plug in the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick the it recognizes new
> device then searches for driver it then gives me the following error
>
> Windows encountered software for your device
>
> Windows found software for your device but encounted an error while
> attempting to install it
> %HID_Device%
> An error occurred during the installation of the device:
>
> The driver installation file for this device is missing a necesssary
> entry. This may be because the file was written for Windows 95 or later.
> Contact your hardware vendor.
>

> Loaded last file from Logitech but same error
>
> Any suggestions.

Carlos

Here's the forum for Steering Wheels - Joysticks - Headsets - Gamepads:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...teering_wheels

And here are the FAQ's for joysticks:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...wers.search_nl

Carlos