Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Multilink Frame Relay

Multilink Frame Relay

skymax_taf

I have a 2811 and most likely will be getting an 1841. I will need to configure both routers to handle multilink frame relay. I have looked at both the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 and the hwic-1fe cards to handle the WAN links. I am leaning toward the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 unless someone can give me a reason not to or an alterative.

Doug McIntyre

"skymax_taf" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I have a 2811 and most likely will be getting an 1841. I will need to configure both routers to handle multilink frame relay. I have looked at both the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 and the hwic-1fe cards to handle the WAN links. I am leaning toward the vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 unless someone can give me a reason not to or an alterative.

Umm, the HWIC-1FE card isn't a WAN card? Did you mean something else?
Or did you have a frame-relay-over-ethernet protocol I haven't heard
about?

I've used the VWIC cards as dual WAN T1 ports many times. They work
fine. There were some cavets for the older parts about clock recovery
if you were talking to two different telco's, but I don't think you
would be if you are talking MLFR as it is...

frame-relay multilink mark.arneson@gmail.com Cisco 3 03-26-2007 09:22 PM
Multilink Frame-Relay Edward Salonia Cisco 9 09-21-2006 09:04 PM
Multilink Frame Relay FRF.15 support MC Cisco 0 05-14-2004 08:53 PM
Multilink Frame Relay MC Cisco 0 03-07-2004 10:06 PM
MultiLink Frame Relay options MC Cisco 0 01-24-2004 12:23 AM

Advertisments