Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > new menu design problem

new menu design problem

richard

http://sample.1littleworld.com/sample3.html

Just put this new design online to see how it looks.
As it is purely a demo, there really is no content for the moment.

The problem I am having with it is how do I get a linked external page
to show up where I want it?
I am also working with a second script that may allow this but haven't
got that far yet.

In the first column that shows up, click on "songs", then 1960 and
then "A - E".
You should get a new window that opens google.

What I want to do is to show that linked page where "content 1" is
showing in the red bordered panel.

That way I don't have to load all the data on the first page.

Yes I know it breaks at one point. This IS only a demo.

Is a second script the only solution?

John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://sample.1littleworld.com/sample3.html
>
> Just put this new design online to see how it looks.
> As it is purely a demo, there really is no content for the moment.
>
> The problem I am having with it is how do I get a linked external page
> to show up where I want it?
> I am also working with a second script that may allow this but haven't
> got that far yet.
>
> In the first column that shows up, click on "songs", then 1960 and
> then "A - E".
> You should get a new window that opens google.
>
> What I want to do is to show that linked page where "content 1" is
> showing in the red bordered panel.
>
> That way I don't have to load all the data on the first page.
>
> Yes I know it breaks at one point. This IS only a demo.
>
> Is a second script the only solution?

Hi

I don't really understand what your are saying. Do you mean the following:

<li class='TabbedPanelsTab' tabindex='0'>
<a
href='http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/test.pl?whatever=yes&something=no'>1960</a>
</li>

Regards
John

richard

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:35:41 +0100, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> http://sample.1littleworld.com/sample3.html
>>
>> Just put this new design online to see how it looks.
>> As it is purely a demo, there really is no content for the moment.
>>
>> The problem I am having with it is how do I get a linked external page
>> to show up where I want it?
>> I am also working with a second script that may allow this but haven't
>> got that far yet.
>>
>> In the first column that shows up, click on "songs", then 1960 and
>> then "A - E".
>> You should get a new window that opens google.
>>
>> What I want to do is to show that linked page where "content 1" is
>> showing in the red bordered panel.
>>
>> That way I don't have to load all the data on the first page.
>>
>> Yes I know it breaks at one point. This IS only a demo.
>>
>> Is a second script the only solution?
>>

>Hi
>
>I don't really understand what your are saying. Do you mean the following:
>
><li class='TabbedPanelsTab' tabindex='0'>
><a
>href='http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/test.pl?whatever=yes&something=no'>1960</a>
></li>
>
>Regards
>John

What you see in "page source" is the script output.
As you would see from a php file.
Anyways, I kind of changed things around and have decided not to use
the spry version.