Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Lame phishing attempt

Lame phishing attempt

Craig Sutton

From: Vodafone Webmail(ihug.co.nz) <(E-Mail Removed)>
To: <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: PLEASE PROTECT YOUR Vodafone Webmail (ihug.co.nz) ACCOUNT FROM
BEING CLOSED
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:26:01 -0400

This is to notify you that we are presently UPGRADING our Vodafone
Webmail(ihug.co.nz), this maintenance can close your ihug.co.nz account
completely. Please do not say you were not informed, your urgent response is
highly needed, to protect your email account from being closed, please
forward your SURNAME and PASSWORD to our customer services with email
address: (E-Mail Removed)

Cima

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:01:11 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>From: Vodafone Webmail(ihug.co.nz) <(E-Mail Removed)>
>To: <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: PLEASE PROTECT YOUR Vodafone Webmail (ihug.co.nz) ACCOUNT FROM
>BEING CLOSED
>Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:26:01 -0400
>
>This is to notify you that we are presently UPGRADING our Vodafone
>Webmail(ihug.co.nz), this maintenance can close your ihug.co.nz account
>completely. Please do not say you were not informed, your urgent response is
>highly needed, to protect your email account from being closed, please
>forward your SURNAME and PASSWORD to our customer services with email
>address: (E-Mail Removed)

Had half a dozen similar ones to my Paradise account this week, all slightly
different, but "lost in the translation" english

Attentionaradise.net.nz Email User

WE are upgrading generally without shutting down the old Server(NT06717)to a new
and better Server(NT21766),hence the reason for the request and notification.

We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause our
respected email users.

You are to fill the details below to enable us upgrade and
verify from the old server.

It is secure and safe and you can change your information
72 hours after you receive email from us of confirmation.

FILL THE DETAILS BELOW OR ANYWHERE IN THE MAIL

Username :
Password :
Address :
City :

Attention!!! Account owner that does not update his or her
account within a given period of time after receiving this
Notification will lose his or her account permanently.

Thank you for using Paradise.net.nz Email.

Notification Code:BC1G43TRJ

Sarah Williams
HelpDesk

Roger Johnstone

In <gbls7j$33t$(E-Mail Removed)> Craig Sutton wrote:

> ...to our customer services with email address: (E-Mail Removed).
> za

ihugconz? Seems like an appropriate name.

--
Roger Johnstone, Invercargill, New Zealand -> http://roger.geek.nz