Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Volatile variable

Volatile variable

idkfaidkfaidkfa@gmail.com

I've found this code:

void function(void) {
volatile unsigned long * pAdd, *pCntl;
for(i = 0, pCntl = &VICPRIORITY0, pAdd = &VICTADDR0; i < 32; ++i)
{
*pCntl++ = *pAdd++ = 0;
}
}

It's the first time that i've found volatile variable: what does it
mean?if pointers are not declared as volatile, what happens?
thanks in advance

Ian Collins

> It's the first time that i've found volatile variable: what does it
> mean?if pointers are not declared as volatile, what happens?

What does your text book or a scan through the recent history of this
group tell you?

--
Ian Collins.