Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: iframe problem

Re: iframe problem

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm working on an interesting menu design for my site and came across
> a little problem in trying to use an iframe.
>
> Using acehtml editor in a straight document setting, it works fine.
> Setting inside a dreamweaver document, using the spry tabbed panels,
> the iframe does nothing. The borders show, no content.
>
> DW's documentation shows "xhtml1-transitional.dtd".
> Character set is utf-8.
> In the html tag they show xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>
> I can't figure this out unless there is something in the javascript
> that is causing the problem.
>
> As I have read several things online that says iframes are allowed
> even in dtd.
>
> So if I can't work this out, I do have another script that works with
> iframes.

A url would be helpful. Now, before you say something about it's not
published yet, or it's on a intranet, or some other story, you can get
cheap if not free hosting these days, and if it's something that is
generated by a server, just put up the static html.

New pages should use a stict doctype. Iframe is not in the strict DTD.

There are many reasons not to use them. Probably the number one reason
is the recent drive by malware attacks. These are done with a 1x1 pixel
iframe. I have disabled iframes in my browser, and I know a lot of
others are doing the same.

If you are looking for a way to include the same menu on each page, look
into using a server side include. Contact your hosting provider to find
out which language is supported. If your hosting provider does not have
SSI available, then consider using an HTML preprocessor.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

richard

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 01:03:11 GMT, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Gazing into my crystal ball I observed richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I'm working on an interesting menu design for my site and came across
>> a little problem in trying to use an iframe.
>>
>> Using acehtml editor in a straight document setting, it works fine.
>> Setting inside a dreamweaver document, using the spry tabbed panels,
>> the iframe does nothing. The borders show, no content.
>>
>> DW's documentation shows "xhtml1-transitional.dtd".
>> Character set is utf-8.
>> In the html tag they show xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>
>> I can't figure this out unless there is something in the javascript
>> that is causing the problem.
>>
>> As I have read several things online that says iframes are allowed
>> even in dtd.
>>
>> So if I can't work this out, I do have another script that works with
>> iframes.
>>

>A url would be helpful. Now, before you say something about it's not
>published yet, or it's on a intranet, or some other story, you can get
>cheap if not free hosting these days, and if it's something that is
>generated by a server, just put up the static html.
>
>New pages should use a stict doctype. Iframe is not in the strict DTD.
>
>There are many reasons not to use them. Probably the number one reason
>is the recent drive by malware attacks. These are done with a 1x1 pixel
>iframe. I have disabled iframes in my browser, and I know a lot of
>others are doing the same.
>
>If you are looking for a way to include the same menu on each page, look
>into using a server side include. Contact your hosting provider to find
>out which language is supported. If your hosting provider does not have
>SSI available, then consider using an HTML preprocessor.

The script I intend on using allows outside files to be displayed
within a division just as if those files were on the same page.
As the iframe works without the other script, then I suspect the
problem is the script itself.