Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Vista networking woes

Vista networking woes

abhargava abhargava is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I have two Vista flavors installed - Enterprise and Ultimate (through a managed Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch): machines behind the switch are on a different subnet then the corp network.

When I install, applications such as AT&T dialers, VPN clients (say Cisco, Nortel, NetScreen etc); these machine(s) become unpingable from the corporate network, even a remote desktop fails.
- with AT&T its just installation
- with VPN, one connection is success; after that the machine becomes unpingable from corp

These machine(s), are accessible (remote or ping) from other machine(s) on their same subnet.

For those machine(s) to be re-accessible from corp; either I have to
- uninstall the dialer
- In case of VPN restart the machine (but after another connection it goes down)

I am new to Vista, any tweak that I have to do, that'll make it work. Would really appreciate the help on this.

My Vista woes Netty Computer Support 16 11-20-2007 08:06 AM
Vista woes Ivan Computer Information 7 07-21-2007 11:43 AM
Vista activation woes =?Utf-8?B?UlJ1cGFsbA==?= ASP .Net 1 03-05-2007 03:50 PM
Networking Woes =?Utf-8?B?S2lua2lu?= Wireless Networking 2 11-14-2006 03:48 PM

Advertisments