Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Difference between C and advanced C

Re: Difference between C and advanced C

CBFalconer

> Sir will please tell me the exact difference between C and
> advanced C...what are the extra features or funcions...etc added
> in this advanced one.

There is no such thing as 'Advanced C'. C is described by the ISO
standards. See the following for information:

Some useful references about C:
<http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
<http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
<http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

Try the download section.

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> Sir will please tell me the exact difference between C and
>> advanced C...what are the extra features or funcions...etc added
>> in this advanced one.

> There is no such thing as 'Advanced C'. C is described by the ISO
> standards. See the following for information:
>
> Some useful references about C:
> <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
> <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
> <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
> <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
> <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
I'll stop bugging you about it.

Nokia

CBFalconer

Keith Thompson wrote:
> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>> Sir will please tell me the exact difference between C and
>>> advanced C...what are the extra features or funcions...etc added
>>> in this advanced one.

>> There is no such thing as 'Advanced C'. C is described by the ISO
>> standards. See the following for information:
>>
>> Some useful references about C:
>> <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
>> <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
>> <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
>> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
>> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
>> <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
>> <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
>> <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

> If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
> I'll stop bugging you about it.

If the result will fit into my (self-imposed) line length limits, I
will. Meanwhile the downloader gets a package with a short
header describing exactly what it is, and an extension describing
the compression algorithm. He also gets the original name, n869,
which should provide a clue.

Try the download section.

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

[...]
>>> Some useful references about C:
>>> <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
>>> <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
>>> <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
>>> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
>>> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
>>> <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
>>> <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
>>> <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

>> If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
>> I'll stop bugging you about it.

> If the result will fit into my (self-imposed) line length limits, I
> will. Meanwhile the downloader gets a package with a short
> header describing exactly what it is, and an extension describing
> the compression algorithm. He also gets the original name, n869,
> which should provide a clue.

How does the name "n869" provide a clue to anyone who isn't already
following the C standard process?

Just change "(C99, txt)" to "(pre-C99)". The "txt" part really is
implicit in the file name.

Nokia

CBFalconer

Keith Thompson wrote:
> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Keith Thompson wrote:
>>> CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> [...]

>>> If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
>>> I'll stop bugging you about it.

>> If the result will fit into my (self-imposed) line length limits, I
>> will. Meanwhile the downloader gets a package with a short
>> header describing exactly what it is, and an extension describing
>> the compression algorithm. He also gets the original name, n869,
>> which should provide a clue.

.... snip ...

> Just change "(C99, txt)" to "(pre-C99)". The "txt" part really is
> implicit in the file name.

Done.

Try the download section.