Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Organize projects & directories

Organize projects & directories

Ravi Sankar

Hi,

I m in the process of starting phase II of my web
application.
My phase I application dll is 1.5MB already. So if i start
to build phase II on top of phase I, i may end up with a
dll of size 3.0MB.
I m using VS.NET for development. I m thinking of using
two projects (one for phase I and one for Phase II), but
both the projects pointing to same physical directory. So
at the end of my development i will have 2 dlls under my
bin directory.
Is this the correct approach, or we have a better formula?

Thanks in advance,
s.ravi sankar

Natty Gur

Ravi Hi,

If you develop your project with one application consider to split the
application to several DLLs that will hold Business Logic and data
manipulations. Separate classes between dlls to minimize number of
assembly loading in request. Doing so you will end-up with small DLLs
that won't cause heavy loading.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Ravi Sankar

Hi Natty Gur,
Thanks for ur kind advise.
yes, that is what i too had in mind... separating all
business logic into separate dll's and referencing them. I
was bit worried, thinking the dll's may grow in numbers
than in size if i split by modules.
I m going through the following links to help me make up
my decision. Thought it may interest u also,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;q307467&GSSNB=1
http://www.dotnet247.com/247referenc.../14/70510.aspx
http://www.asp101.com/articles/jayra...te/default.asp