Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can you force wireless to connect

Can you force wireless to connect

Big_Al

Long story short, it happens. Too many routers in the neighborhood or
what, but it happens. Okay onto the question. I lose my connection,
it just don't negotiate past the encryption. Not all the time just now
and then. Of course it happens just 2 seconds before I want to use the
browser. I hibernate the laptop and then power it back on it resets
the connection.

I always thought that hibernate just left off where you were, and I was
disconnected, but obviously something makes XP restart that service
hunting for a valid router (that fit my list of only 1 router). So is
there a way I can force that search to start on demand? Run something
with an argument?

Thanks. Al in Md.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Wireless network work as a combination between the Computer and the outside
source Wireless. When the computer Hibernate the Wireless does Not work and
disconnect. You can try to set the Wireless so that just your Router is in
the preferred Connection and check that it is to connect Auto.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...