Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problems running on hp dual core processor

Problems running on hp dual core processor

Mike Driscoll

On Sep 22, 1:43*pm, jim-on-linux <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Python help,
>
> I have a number of clients running a program built with
> python 2.5. *One has just purchased an HP with a duel
> core processor, *2.2G with .099g ram.
>
> On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
> import error;
> File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
> File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: *The specified module
> could not be found.
>
> The file is there The only difference I could find from
> their other machines is the processor.

I have people running my compiled python applications on single and
dual core processors with no problem. I suspect that you may just need
to compile your application with some different switches, such as
bundle=3 in py2exe for example.

Mike

Mike Driscoll

On Sep 22, 1:43*pm, jim-on-linux <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Python help,
>
> I have a number of clients running a program built with
> python 2.5. *One has just purchased an HP with a duel
> core processor, *2.2G with .099g ram.
>
> On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
> import error;
> File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
> File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: *The specified module
> could not be found.
>
> The file is there The only difference I could find from
> their other machines is the processor.

I should note that I have had issues if I didn't include all the DLLs
that were needed. This error doesn't say exactly which DLL is the
issue. I recommend downloading Dependency Walker to find out what it
is:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Mike

jim-on-linux

Python help,

I have a number of clients running a program built with
python 2.5. One has just purchased an HP with a duel
core processor, 2.2G with .099g ram.

On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
import error;
File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module
could not be found.

The file is there The only difference I could find from
their other machines is the processor.

Miki

Hello,

> I have a number of clients running a program built with
> python 2.5. *One has just purchased an HP with a duel
> core processor, *2.2G with .099g ram.
>
> On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
> import error;
> File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
> File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: *The specified module
> could not be found.
>
> The file is there The only difference I could find from
> their other machines is the processor.

Is it the same OS (XP vs Vista ...)?
Try to run a small script importing win32ui from CMD, it might give
you a better indication on which DLL is causing the problem.

As suggested by Mike, run DependecyWalker on win32ui.pyd
HTH,
--
Miki <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://pythonwise.blogspot.com