Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Push home page when customers connect

Push home page when customers connect

Matt Porter

When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
page.

When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
come up.

But when the customer leaves the store I want his home page to be what
it was before he came in.

How do I do this?

I'm a computer tech guy and I haven't been able to find this. Please
help!

Pavel A.

Matt Porter wrote:
> When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
> wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
> page.
>
> When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
> come up.
>
> But when the customer leaves the store I want his home page to be what
> it was before he came in.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> I'm a computer tech guy and I haven't been able to find this. Please
> help!

There is a known HTTP request "hooking" technique, used by
many public hotspots, etc.
Just ask your IT or network engineer, they should be able to implement this.

--PA

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Matt Porter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
> wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
> page.
>
> When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
> come up.
>
> But when the customer leaves the store I want his home page to be what
> it was before he came in.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> I'm a computer tech guy and I haven't been able to find this. Please
> help!

Your client would need this feature in his/her wireless equipment. Check out
SonicWALL devices with "wireless guest services" - or Cisco, or others.

Phillip Windell

"Matt Porter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
> wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
> page.
>
> When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
> come up.

It isn't something you "do"
It is something you "buy"

You need a Kiosk System (aka Internet Cafe system). Some hotels use them as
well. Using Google should turn up several products.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com