Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > True JDBC (not odbc bridge) for MS VM? - SQLServer 2000

True JDBC (not odbc bridge) for MS VM? - SQLServer 2000

I'm looking for a JDBC driver SQLSrv 2K for the MS VM. And
instructions how to install it. As I understand its a dll file. How
do
I make sure the VM finds the driver? the usual classpath setting
seems
not to be the way to do it.
Anyone can help me find a download url for the driver and
instructions?
It would be most appreciated.
In case you're asking "Why bother finding anything related to MS
VM?",
I completely understand the question. Yet it's a legacy issue.

Thomas Kellerer

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), 22.09.2008 16:42:
> I'm looking for a JDBC driver SQLSrv 2K for the MS VM. And
> instructions how to install it. As I understand its a dll file. How
> do
> I make sure the VM finds the driver? the usual classpath setting
> seems
> not to be the way to do it.
> Anyone can help me find a download url for the driver and
> instructions?
> It would be most appreciated.
> In case you're asking "Why bother finding anything related to MS
> VM?",
> I completely understand the question. Yet it's a legacy issue.

I'm not sure at Java version the MS VM is. I think it was 1.2, right?

Did you try the current MS JDBC driver (http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/jdbc) which is a 100% Java driver?
But it could be that it requires Java 1.4

You might try the older SQL Server 2000 driver, which seems to even support JDK 1.1.8

I usually download the "Unix version", because I then get an archive that I can simply unzip and don't need to run the dreaded MS setup procedure.

You might also try out jTDS (jtds.sourceforge.net) which has always been a 100% pure Java driver.
And you might get an older version from sourceforge that works with Java 1.2 as well.

Thomas

Arne Vajh°j

Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> I'm not sure at Java version the MS VM is. I think it was 1.2, right?

1.1.4 - a few things MS did not like + a few things MS did like.

> You might try the older SQL Server 2000 driver, which seems to even
> support JDK 1.1.8

If it runs with 1.1.8 then there is fair chance that it will work
with old MS JVM.

Arne