Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Sipgate - SOS Calls

Re: Sipgate - SOS Calls

Koos van den Hout

Pigeon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <(E-Mail Removed) >:
> Just logged into a Sipgate account that I don't use that much to check my
> balance and noticed an "Emergency" tab which asked for my address details
> presumably to validate for 112/999 calls.

> BTW: How do they know where you are actualy fiscally located on VOIP at the
> time of the call? Just windered.

The idea is probably that if you manage to get your phone off-hook and
dial the emergency number but aren't able to utter any words that the
emergency services have an address to go to as a best guess. What happens
if you are completely able to tell that you are in a house in a totally
different location or even country but there is a genuine emergency in
that place is another story.

Koos

--
Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5