Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Free POP SMTP Servers

Free POP SMTP Servers

species8350

Hi,

I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
servers available.

Can anyone recommend a good free service.

Thanks

Matt Michaels

I think Gmail offers all of that. I'm sure they are pretty popular and
can't go wrong. Someone who has it may be better able to assist.

"species8350" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
> servers available.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good free service.
>
> Thanks

chuckcar

species8350 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
> servers available.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good free service.

Define what you mean by "good" what level of privacy/security do you want?
how much downtime/annum will you tolerate? which pop type do you wish?
details are kind of relevant for an answer.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Blinky the Shark

chuckcar wrote:

> species8350 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
>> servers available.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good free service.
>>

> Define what you mean by "good" what level of privacy/security do you want?
> how much downtime/annum will you tolerate? which pop type do you wish?

What POP types are there?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

chuckcar

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net:

> chuckcar wrote:
>
>> species8350 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
>>> servers available.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a good free service.
>>>

>> Define what you mean by "good" what level of privacy/security do you
>> want? how much downtime/annum will you tolerate? which pop type do you
>> wish?

> What POP types are there?

real pop servers and the M$ web-based crap they use in some cheapo isps.
pophm is the first part of the DNS of one I know of.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Plato

species8350 wrote:

> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
> servers available.

Generally, the best are NOT free.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/