Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Big Sensor FX vs Small Sensor DX - No Diff?

Big Sensor FX vs Small Sensor DX - No Diff?

PDM

>> Sorry, but don't agree with you. There is a lot of good stuff on this
>> site. Ken sometimes takes the p***! out of himself and there is the
>> occasional contradiction but on the whole he talks sense. And one thing I
>> know from personal experience is that he is dead right about the D40 D40x
>> and D80s crappy exposure metering.

> No, he's not wrong about everything, just a good many things. And when the
> site's author freely admits to posting made-up crap, how can you trust
> anything he says? Are we all supposed to read that site and then do our
> own fact checking? Sorry, that site is to be avoided.

But don't you check out all info from websites; I know I do. There isn't a
site out there that does not contain inaccuracies. Worst example: Wikipedia.
People don't stop browsing this site even though there is a lot of rubbish
on it because people generally find it useful and interesting. I know that
if any info is important to me I check it out and expect that any reasonably
intelligent person who has got it together would do the same. You must have
done this to note the occasional rubbish on Ken's site.

PDM

Böwser

"PDM" <pdcm99minus this http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:48d74a8a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Sorry, but don't agree with you. There is a lot of good stuff on this
>>> site. Ken sometimes takes the p***! out of himself and there is the
>>> occasional contradiction but on the whole he talks sense. And one thing
>>> I know from personal experience is that he is dead right about the D40
>>> D40x and D80s crappy exposure metering.

>> No, he's not wrong about everything, just a good many things. And when
>> the site's author freely admits to posting made-up crap, how can you
>> trust anything he says? Are we all supposed to read that site and then do
>> our own fact checking? Sorry, that site is to be avoided.

> But don't you check out all info from websites; I know I do. There isn't a
> site out there that does not contain inaccuracies. Worst example:
> Wikipedia. People don't stop browsing this site even though there is a lot
> of rubbish on it because people generally find it useful and interesting.
> I know that if any info is important to me I check it out and expect that
> any reasonably intelligent person who has got it together would do the
> same. You must have done this to note the occasional rubbish on Ken's
> site.

If the rubbish was only occasional, I might still read some of his stuff.
But the site is *rife* with utter crap. Separating the truth from the crap
is just too much work, as it is with Wikipedia, which is also nearly
useless. And I've seen people wuote his site and those quotes are utter BS.
It's a shame. His site is a sham designed to generate click counts and
subsequent revenue for Ken.