Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Sipgate - SOS Calls

Re: Sipgate - SOS Calls

Graham.

"Pigeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Just logged into a Sipgate account that I don't use that much to check my
> balance and noticed an "Emergency" tab which asked for my address details
> presumably to validate for 112/999 calls.
>
> The reason for posting was that I didn't realise that Sipgate had enabled
> this service, they have kept it awfully quiet! so presumably no other
> users
> know.
>
> BTW: How do they know where you are actualy fiscally located on VOIP at
> the
> time of the call? Just windered.
>
> Oh and on the page I filled in it said "Do not make any test calls to "see
> if it works"! ", never known that before.

Yes I see now, not on the tabs on the main account page,
you have to click settings first. It says "inactive"
It's possibly something that has been imposed on them by
German law but how they are going to implement it for international
customers that might not be in the country of registration when
they call 112 (if that's what it's going to be) I don't know.

Oh, and look, there's a field for the letters after your name FFS,
is that a Teutonic thing?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Theo Markettos

Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's possibly something that has been imposed on them by
> German law but how they are going to implement it for international
> customers that might not be in the country of registration when
> they call 112 (if that's what it's going to be) I don't know.

And presumably it's not going to work in some countries. It's perfectly
possible to register at sipgate.co.uk if you live in Iraq or Afghanistan,
for example.

> Oh, and look, there's a field for the letters after your name FFS,
> is that a Teutonic thing?

Need to differentiate between George Bush I and George Bush II perhaps?

Theo

Chris Blunt

On 20 Sep 2008 01:07:44 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Graham. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It's possibly something that has been imposed on them by
>> German law but how they are going to implement it for international
>> customers that might not be in the country of registration when
>> they call 112 (if that's what it's going to be) I don't know.

>And presumably it's not going to work in some countries. It's perfectly
>possible to register at sipgate.co.uk if you live in Iraq or Afghanistan,
>for example.

They say "Sipgate will verify and validate your emergency address."

I live in the Philippines. I wonder how they're going to do that for
me? Perhaps they'll send somebody around to check that I really live
where I say I do!

Chris