Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Where are the downloads?

Re: Where are the downloads?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Miller wrote:
> *Darlington* wrote:
>> I downloaded several software with MozillaFF and can't find them. I was not
>> given a choice as to where to save them. Where does MozillaFF store the
>> downloaded software?

> In the Addressbar of FF type in about:config an hit enter.
> Then filter for "download" in the next window.
> browser.download.dir, browser.download.downloadDir or especially
> browser.download.lastDir should point you in the right direction.
>
> HTH, M.

actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads
will tell you things you need to know.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Darlington

"Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:gb0dsg$3tk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Miller wrote:
>> *Darlington* wrote:
>>> I downloaded several software with MozillaFF and can't find them. I was
>>> not given a choice as to where to save them. Where does MozillaFF store
>>> the downloaded software?

>> In the Addressbar of FF type in about:config an hit enter.
>> Then filter for "download" in the next window.
>> browser.download.dir, browser.download.downloadDir or especially
>> browser.download.lastDir should point you in the right direction.
>>
>> HTH, M.

> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell you
> things you need to know.

Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

> --
> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!!
>
> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
>
> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
> http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

John Doe

"Darlington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"

>> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell
>> you things you need to know.

> Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

It is.
Maybe you didn't click on "Main".

wrote in message news:gb15mc$1gi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Darlington wrote:
>> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:gb0dsg$3tk$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell you
>>> things you need to know.

>> Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

> then you're not looking. See the image here:
> http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1403/downloadoh7.png

I have FF 3 open right now. That picture doesn't remotely resemble the
version of Mozilla FF I have (3.0.1). On the main tab therea are warnings
about installing addons and below that passwords. At the bottom you choose
which warnings you want to see.

> --
> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!!
>
> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
>
> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
> http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Darlington

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KOWAk.572$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Darlington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"

>>> actully, Tools, Options, Main, and its under Downloads will tell
>>> you things you need to know.

>> Sorry, that information was not there under Tools etc.

> It is.
> Maybe you didn't click on "Main".

YES!!!! I was dark so I wrongly assumed it was selected. Thanks. I found
it. :^)