Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blazing Saddles (spoiler)

Blazing Saddles (spoiler)

Modemac

I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
rank too high on your "gotta get" list.

But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
dialogue...

"Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
<unzip>
"Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"

And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
additional line:

"Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."

So there you have it.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

Rev. \Suds\

On Sep 19, 10:10*am, Modemac <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
> other day for only $4, so I was happy. *It has an audio commentary by
> Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
> documentary as part of the special features. *If you're a big fan of
> DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
> rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
>
> But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
> share. *In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
> particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
> refused to keep it in the movie. *It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
> is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. *She turns
> out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
> dialogue...
>
> * * *"Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
> * * *<unzip>
> * * *"Oooooh, it's twoo! *It's TWOO! *IT'S TWOO!"
>
> And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
> additional line:
>
> * * "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
>
> So there you have it.
>
> --
> * * * * * * * * * * * * The High Weirdness Project
> * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.modemac.com

"Stampeding cattle."
"That's not much of a crime."
"Through the Vatican?"
"Kinkyyyy."

Have you seen the pilot for the TV spin-off? Oh sweet **** was it
painful to watch -- ZERO laugh factor!

Halmyre

In article <59b49f57-6248-4506-b1c8-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
> other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
> Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
> documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
> DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
> rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
>
> But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
> share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
> particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
> refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
> is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
> out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
> dialogue...
>
> "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
> <unzip>
> "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
>
> And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
> additional line:
>
> "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
>
> So there you have it.

I've heard about that line, and, to be honest, I'm glad it was dropped.

--
Halmyre

That's you that is.

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time,
Modemac wrote:

>But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
>share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
>particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
>refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
>is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
>out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
>dialogue...
>
> "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
> <unzip>
> "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
>
>And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
>additional line:
>
> "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
>
>So there you have it.

Great decision to cut it out. That's awful.

**
Captain Infinity

AnimalMagic

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:55:38 +0100, Halmyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <59b49f57-6248-4506-b1c8-
>(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
>> other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
>> Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
>> documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
>> DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
>> rank too high on your "gotta get" list.
>>
>> But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
>> share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
>> particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
>> refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
>> is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
>> out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
>> dialogue...
>>
>> "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
>> <unzip>
>> "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"
>>
>> And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
>> additional line:
>>
>> "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."
>>
>> So there you have it.
>>

>I've heard about that line, and, to be honest, I'm glad it was dropped.

How twoo. Me too.

AnimalMagic

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:07:51 -0600, Howard Brazee <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:10:09 -0700 (PDT), Modemac <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
>>other day for only $4, so I was happy.

>How did that happen? I just saw it in the theaters the other day
>(about 3 decades ago).

Then you'll really love the Dick Tracy style wrist mounted cell phones.

Wake up, little Suzy!

BTW, stop being a cross-post group adding retarded ****, you stupid
little bastard.

Sourpuss

On Sep 22, 7:37*pm, dgates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Once Upon A Time,
> >Modemac wrote:

> >>But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
> >>share. *In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
> >>particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
> >>refused to keep it in the movie. *It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
> >>is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. *She turns
> >>out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
> >>dialogue...

> >> * * "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
> >> * * <unzip>
> >> * * "Oooooh, it's twoo! *It's TWOO! *IT'S TWOO!"

> >>And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
> >>additional line:

> >> * *"Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."

> >>So there you have it.

> >Great decision to cut it out. *That's awful.

> I don't know. *
>
> It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
> Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
> guy has a big one.
>
> That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
> having her make that statement in a darkened room.
>
> My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
> kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
> judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.
>
> P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

Don Stockbauer

On Sep 22, 8:55*pm, Sourpuss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 7:37*pm, dgates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity

> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >Great decision to cut it out. *That's awful.

> > I don't know. *

> > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
> > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
> > guy has a big one.

> > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
> > having her make that statement in a darkened room.

> > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
> > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
> > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

> > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

> Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
> Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

Beware - it is possible to die of alcohol poisoning.

Don Stockbauer

On Sep 22, 11:57*pm, Dave Bell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> dgates wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Great decision to cut it out. *That's awful.

> > I don't know. *

> > It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's a punchline!
> > Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
> > guy has a big one.

> > That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
> > having her make that statement in a darkened room.

> > My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
> > kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
> > judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

> I think he's wrong. I was, umm, 28, and still think it was one of
> Brooks' greatest. Our son first saw it when he was maybe 5, and agrees,
> so it pretty much spans the generations.
>
> > P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

> Sounds better to me.

Kneecap?

Jim Beaver

"Dave Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FI_Bk.1298$(E-Mail Removed)...
> dgates wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:49:08 GMT, Captain Infinity
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Great decision to cut it out. That's awful.

>> I don't know. It may be crude (shockingly, for 1974), but at least it's
>> a punchline!
>> Otherwise, we've just got a woman saying, in a funny voice, that the
>> guy has a big one.
>>
>> That joke actually seems like the "correct" payoff to the setup of
>> having her make that statement in a darkened room.
>>
>> My friend has a theory that people who first saw Blazing Saddles as a
>> kid think it's the funniest thing ever, but people who saw it later,
>> judging it as adults, thinks it's not too funny.

> I think he's wrong. I was, umm, 28, and still think it was one of Brooks'
> greatest. Our son first saw it when he was maybe 5, and agrees, so it
> pretty much spans the generations.
>
>> P.S. I thought it was "elbow."

> Sounds better to me.

"Arm" fits the comedy math. "Elbow" doesn't. Too many syllables for the
line.

Jim Beaver