Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Big problems with a .wmf file!

Big problems with a .wmf file!

Jonathon

Recently I selected several .wmf files of interest and placed them
with others in a 'miscellaneous' group.

This morning I was looking thrugh the group and opened the .wmf file
Instead of opening it with 'Graphics Workshop Pro' which I have
used for all clipart and photographs for years, down came a
menu stating " your path to paint (all in lower case) cannot be
found."

It then proceded with a long search through my hard drive finally
opening the file in 'Graphics Workshop Pro'

Fearing the worst I checked the remainder of the .wmf files
and *all* were reacating in the same manner.

I followed the procedure for changing "Open with" in Microsoft and
'Graphics Workshop Pro' without effect.

I was then really annoyed -to say the least- to find that every
..jpeg .png etc of my large collection of clipart and photographs
following the same protracted procedure!

Has anyone else suffered the same problem?

Is anyone able to guide me - in very simple terms please - to
solve this extremely annoying and enormous time wasting
problem?

I hasten to add that is may of course have nothing to do
with the file I picked up from a very responsible newsgroup
but I'm a cynic when it comes to co-incidences.

Thank you for your time, patience and help.

Regards

Jon.

Jonathon

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:33:52 +0100, Jonathon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Many thanks to all who were so helpful in putting
me on the track. The final solution was that of
reinstalling Graphics Workshop Pro. Now all is well.

Once again, thank you.