Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Tables and divisions changed

Re: Tables and divisions changed

Chaddy2222

On Sep 19, 11:22*am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://1littleworld.com/table101.html
>
> Once more I redesigned the little excercise to show using divisions
> instead of tables. At the bottom I show a mini website first as a
> table, then as a division.
>
> Do note I try to point out that using tables is not a good idea for
> presentation.
>
> And to you chad, STFU. As I have used fixed width's in pixels for a
> reason. If you don't understand the reasoning, then kindly refrain
> from replying as I will not reply to your cheap flames.

To be honest I don't give a **** what you do.
I mean if you want to mess up your sites and do extra work when it is
not really needed then it is not my problem.

Lanmind

On Sep 18, 6:41*pm, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 11:22*am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://1littleworld.com/table101.html

> > Once more I redesigned the little excercise to show using divisions
> > instead of tables. At the bottom I show a mini website first as a
> > table, then as a division.

> > Do note I try to point out that using tables is not a good idea for
> > presentation.

> > And to you chad, STFU. As I have used fixed width's in pixels for a
> > reason. If you don't understand the reasoning, then kindly refrain
> > from replying as I will not reply to your cheap flames.

> To be honest I don't give a **** what you do.
> I mean if you want to mess up your sites and do extra work when it is
> not really needed then it is not my problem.
> --
> Regards Chad.http://freewebdesignonline.org

Right now I refuse to use tables! : ) It's tough but I'm just learning
anyways.

Jonathan N. Little

Lanmind wrote:

> Right now I refuse to use tables! : ) It's tough but I'm just learning
> anyways.

Well, that can be a little wrong-headed. Use tables where they are
appropriate, and not where they are not. It is a common misconception
that to use CSS mean never use a table.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Lanmind

On Sep 19, 7:35*am, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Lanmind wrote:
> > Right now I refuse to use tables! : ) It's tough but I'm just learning
> > anyways.

> Well, that can be a little wrong-headed. Use tables where they are
> appropriate, and not where they are not. It is a common misconception
> that to use CSS mean never use a table.
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Oh yes I'd forgotten. Tables are appropriate for tabular data.

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Lanmind <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Oh yes I'd forgotten. Tables are appropriate for tabular data.

They are appropriate in a practical sense for whenever you will do even
worse without them for laying out a grid while ever so many people still
use IE6 and even 7. This is a little undocumented secret and I let you
in on it.

--
dorayme