Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sony Service Mode and Fixing White Lines on Left/Right Edges

Sony Service Mode and Fixing White Lines on Left/Right Edges

Roberto

I'm a bit of a newbie at working with my TV's Service Mode. A year or
two ago I made some modifications to VPOS, HPOS, VSIZ, and HSIZ so
that I could get slightly more picture displayed from a DVD. That's
all well and fine.

Now I'd like to fix something else. On some DVDs that have a picture
that does not fill in the left and right spaces of the screen I get a
very thin white line on the left and right of the picture (not the
screen) - it's only noticeable in very dark scenes. Is there a way to
correct for this or did I mess things up with my previous changes?