Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Talk like a pirate day

Re: Talk like a pirate day

No Spam

"C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Not only should all
> posts be in Pirate, but discussions with photography clients and other
> photographers should be in Pirate as well.

So RichA would be a barnacle covered scurvy dog?

He uses PhotoShop CS3 version Arr,

Wolfgang Weisselberg

C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Privateer" be fightin' words reserved for spammers.

Most cerrrtainly not!
A privateer, for example, a certain Sir Francis Drake, is often
a very honorable person.

A privateer basically outfits his own warship (with money from
respectable businessmen, who back him) and gets paid by taking
enemy ships as prises. A privateer is chartered by a government.
A pirate gone leggit, if you squint a bit.

A spammer, matey, now, that's the bastard master of a slave ship
who kills and tortures 'cargo' and crew for sport. Arrr.

-Wolfgang

Blinky the Shark

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

> C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Privateer" be fightin' words reserved for spammers.

> Most cerrrtainly not!
> A privateer, for example, a certain Sir Francis Drake, is often
> a very honorable person.
>
> A privateer basically outfits his own warship (with money from
> respectable businessmen, who back him) and gets paid by taking
> enemy ships as prises. A privateer is chartered by a government.
> A pirate gone leggit, if you squint a bit.

Arr, but squintin' when ye only has one eye makes things dim.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

ASAAR

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:59:11 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

> Ye land lubber! A pirate has two eyes, good as yours, maybe better. The
> patch, laddy, is so that one eye is used to the dark. Makes it easier
> to see when you go below decks, me boy. When you are standin' by to
> repel boarders, there be no time for an eye to adjust to the dark
> below, so in battle we wears a patch over one eye. When we goes below,
> we flips up the patch.

That was then, this is now. All good pirates know from the days
when they were but wee scouts that it's wise to be prepared.
Today's pirates know that when they're attacking and trying to board
treasure laden Spanish frigates that their boarding parties will
have to fend off blazing muskets and Canons. And after being
temporarily blinded by their flashes and preflashes they'll still
have to be able to advance. That's when they flips up them patches
matey, or they pays a visit to Davy Jones. Arrrr.

--
Asaarrrrr

Blinky the Shark

C J Campbell wrote:

> On 2008-09-18 14:59:23 -0700, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

>>> Most cerrrtainly not!
>>> A privateer, for example, a certain Sir Francis Drake, is often
>>> a very honorable person.
>>>
>>> A privateer basically outfits his own warship (with money from
>>> respectable businessmen, who back him) and gets paid by taking
>>> enemy ships as prises. A privateer is chartered by a government.
>>> A pirate gone leggit, if you squint a bit.

>> Arr, but squintin' when ye only has one eye makes things dim.
>>

> Ye land lubber! A pirate has two eyes, good as yours, maybe better. The
> patch, laddy, is so that one eye is used to the dark. Makes it easier
> to see when you go below decks, me boy. When you are standin' by to
> repel boarders, there be no time for an eye to adjust to the dark
> below, so in battle we wears a patch over one eye. When we goes below,
> we flips up the patch.
>
> We squints to see long distances in the sun.

I forrrrgot!

--

ASAAR wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:59:11 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:
>
>> Ye land lubber! A pirate has two eyes, good as yours, maybe better. The
>> patch, laddy, is so that one eye is used to the dark. Makes it easier
>> to see when you go below decks, me boy. When you are standin' by to
>> repel boarders, there be no time for an eye to adjust to the dark
>> below, so in battle we wears a patch over one eye. When we goes below,
>> we flips up the patch.

> That was then, this is now. All good pirates know from the days
> when they were but wee scouts that it's wise to be prepared.
> Today's pirates know that when they're attacking and trying to board
> treasure laden Spanish frigates that their boarding parties will
> have to fend off blazing muskets and Canons. And after being
> temporarily blinded by their flashes and preflashes they'll still
> have to be able to advance. That's when they flips up them patches
> matey, or they pays a visit to Davy Jones. Arrrr.

Nice work with the Canons and preflashes.

--

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:53:29 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

>> Rots of ruck with your election.

> Keep my election out of it.

No need to feel ashamed. Hanging chads are almost as common these
days as dangling participles.

No Spam

well blow me down..

I can't figure out why Bluto and Popeye fought over Olive Oyl

egads!

Blinky the Shark

C J Campbell wrote:

> On 2008-09-22 10:25:15 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>> C J Campbell wrote:

>>> We pirates.

>> Whoa there, Waddling Egret! You're a piLot, not a piRate!
>>
>> Shiver your timbrels.
>>
>> Rots of ruck with your election.

> Keep my election out of it.

Having electile dysfunction, eh?

--

No Spam wrote:

> well blow me down..
>
> I can't figure out why Bluto and Popeye fought over Olive Oyl

Did you ever look around there? She was the only woman.