Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataSet Relation Question

DataSet Relation Question

Bobby Edward

I have recently discovered the XSD DataSet tool (with Form Designer) in
VS2008. It seems very useful to act as part of my DAL generation!

I know all about relational databases, pk, fk, etc... My MySQL database is
already setup to be completely relational

My question is, what is the idea behind the "Relation" control in the
Toolbox? Of what benefit is it to link them in the form designer (for some
reason my tables don't show up automatically link)? Is it just useful for
the developer to recall how they are linked? Or are there other benefits?

The db already has the relations, so I guess I'm unclear as to how I should
use it or what the benefit is....

Thanks!