Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > embedding Java into HTML in JSP

embedding Java into HTML in JSP

DebbieinFlorida DebbieinFlorida is offline
Junior Member

I am a pathetic newbie, learning thru forums. I need to be able to call my VB.exe, which is on "C:\Test.exe" from my .jsp file. I have been trying for couple of days, going thru all the help, but nothing so far. I know almost nothign about java or jsp or html, I just want to run my vb program.

ANy help is appreciated.. this is my .jsp file so far..

__________________________________________________ __
<%@ page session="true" %>
<%@page import="java.text.*, java.util.*" %>

<%!
private string RunExec(int count) {

Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
Process proc = rt.exec("Test.exe");
return "2"; // I don't need to return anything, but example did
}
%>

<script type="text/javascript">
alert("Start");