Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Best way to remove/replace iframes?

Best way to remove/replace iframes?

gtfaetaw34

hi fellow html coders!

Im having an issue. I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
it using iframes! Which stinks because it isn't being cached
correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
search engines.

So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
is a single page. Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
iframes would also be welcome!

Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
single page is welcome!

Thanks!

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
gtfaetaw34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> hi fellow html coders!
>
> Im having an issue. I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
> it using iframes! Which stinks because it isn't being cached
> correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
> search engines.
>
> So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
> way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
> is a single page. Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
> which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
> iframes would also be welcome!
>
> Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
> single page is welcome!
>
> Thanks!

Hire the hirer to make a dummy model of your site without personal
details and post a URL and we will sort it out for you.

--
dorayme

Neredbojias

On 18 Sep 2008, gtfaetaw34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> hi fellow html coders!
>
> Im having an issue. I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
> it using iframes! Which stinks because it isn't being cached
> correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
> search engines.
>
> So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
> way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
> is a single page. Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
> which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
> iframes would also be welcome!
>
> Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
> single page is welcome!

Best thing is probably to use server-side includes. Php is my fav, asp
will work, too, and even ssi if your host handles it.

Of course the includes can't be complete, unadulterated pages as with
iframes (or objects), but the results are certainly better.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

gtfaetaw34

On Sep 18, 8:59*am, Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2008, gtfaetaw34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > hi fellow html coders!

> > Im having an issue. *I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
> > it using iframes! *Which stinks because it isn't being cached
> > correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
> > search engines.

> > So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
> > way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
> > is a single page. *Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
> > which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
> > iframes would also be welcome!

> > Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
> > single page is welcome!

> Best thing is probably to use server-side includes. *Php is my fav, asp
> will work, too, and even ssi if your host handles it.
>
> Of course the includes can't be complete, unadulterated pages as with
> iframes (or objects), but the results are certainly better.
>
> --
> Neredbojiashttp://www.neredbojias.org/
> Great Sights and Sounds

can the server side includes include css styles? or does that F them
up?

gtfaetaw34

On Sep 18, 7:45*am, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>

> *gtfaetaw34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > hi fellow html coders!

> > Im having an issue. *I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
> > it using iframes! *Which stinks because it isn't being cached
> > correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
> > search engines.

> > So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
> > way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
> > is a single page. *Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
> > which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
> > iframes would also be welcome!

> > Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
> > single page is welcome!

> > Thanks!

> Hire the hirer to make a dummy model of your site without personal
> details and post a URL and we will sort it out for you.
>
> --
> dorayme- Hide quoted text -

you guys wouldnt really do that would you?

Neredbojias

On 21 Oct 2008, gtfaetaw34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 8:59*am, Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 18 Sep 2008, gtfaetaw34 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Best thing is probably to use server-side includes. *Php is my fav,
>> asp will work, too, and even ssi if your host handles it.
>>
>> Of course the includes can't be complete, unadulterated pages as
>> with iframes (or objects), but the results are certainly better.

> can the server side includes include css styles?

Sure, although it's probably better to use an external stylesheet
instead. Php includes, for instance, can be used for any of the same
valid text you could write in a web page.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/