Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon IXUS 950 Lens fails to retract from Setup Menu

Canon IXUS 950 Lens fails to retract from Setup Menu

PDM

Has anyone else got this problem:

I have 2 Canon IXUS 950 digicams. There is a setting in the menu which gives
you the option to have the lens retract after 1 minute of non use. It
doesn't work on both cameras. If you have this camera would you be so kind
at to tell me if this feature works properly on yours.

Many thanks

PDM

ASAAR

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:27:25 +0100, "PDM" <pdcm99minus this
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have 2 Canon IXUS 950 digicams. There is a setting in the menu which gives
> you the option to have the lens retract after 1 minute of non use. It
> doesn't work on both cameras. If you have this camera would you be so kind
> at to tell me if this feature works properly on yours.

Check your manual (page 52). The lens retract time setting isn't
for non-use. It sets the lens retraction timing when switching from
shooting mode to playback mode.