Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Comcast To Discontinue Newsgroup Service.

Re: Comcast To Discontinue Newsgroup Service.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Lurker wrote:

> I looked at the Comcast link you supplied and whats not clear is if
> you will receive a reduction from Comcast for the loss of the
> service. And it seems to be an American thing, ISP's abandoning NNTP
> service, why is that?

It's politics. The New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo
apparently wants to advance in the public eye and he's making a name for
himself by "eliminating child pornography" from the Interweb.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-9997051-38.html

...and all the ISPs he has threatened are using it as an excuse to drop
Usenet and save a few dollars without looking bad themselves.

Plenty more links available by googling for:

new york cuomo usenet child pornography

--
-bts

Tony

cuomo can kiss baby's bums for all i care.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
proper manners

the realm of understandability

hwf

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:36:03 -0400
Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> broke the internets with:

> cuomo can kiss baby's bums for all i care.

Cuoomoo is a right **** he is.
Its entirely political. Whenever a politician wants some better ratings they scream "think of teh childrens!!!!" and the sheeple nod accordingly.

FYI, you top-poasting blaggard.