Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TV Station LOGO

TV Station LOGO

Old Gringo

The station LOGO ID at the bottom of the screen, how do they effect
LED and Plasma TV's as far as burn in?
--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The station LOGO ID at the bottom of the screen, how do they effect
>LED and Plasma TV's as far as burn in?

I've read, no cite, that one person who watched sports all the time
had the stations logo burnt in to his screen, the article mentioned a
lot of people with the same problem. this was ~4 or so years ago.
--

For those who haven't seen it.
http://www.fun2fun.info/nice-view-kidů.html

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:23:30 -0400, "Runtime Error" <crash@win> wrote:
>
>>"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:dqgAk.752$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> The station LOGO ID at the bottom of the screen, how do they effect LED
>>> and Plasma TV's as far as burn in?

>In my entire lifetime, I've only seen one actual case of a screen
>being "burned".
>That was due to the fact the tv station left that particular monitor
>on 24/7 and had their call sign in the same place.

I gave away a very spendy monitor as it was used on a server (never
shut off) cause it had the windows desktop burned into it.

You never played the Atari or other games demo'd in the stores? the
old ones would have the game intro screen burned into it.

I have Time Pilot (stand up arcade up), Time Pilot is burned into the
screen.

It happens.

>Unless that's what you do, chances are it won't happen.
>Then if the stations are smart about this, they would change the logo
>location frequently to prevent this.

The station I mentioned earlier never moved the logo, the work around
is they would start moving it to different places.