Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Removing sound track from video file

Removing sound track from video file

Aardvark

I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.

I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my head.
Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:43:48 -0400, Runtime Error wrote:

> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rx9Ak.175122$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
>> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
>>
>> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my
>> head. Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?
>>

> Remove as in delete-- or to capture and use elsewhere?

The former. It seems she has an AVI file from which she wishes to remove
the voice track and insert music in its place. She tried to insert music
over the top of the sound track but complains that she can still hear the
voices on the track. She wants to do away with any dialogue entirely.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

John Holmes

Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
>
> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my

head.
> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)

The second link looks like what you're looking for:
http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

--
<snip>

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:10:07 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
>> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
>>
>> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my

> head.
>> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?
>>

> Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)
>
> The second link looks like what you're looking for:
> http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.

I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me about
it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even though she only
asked me today

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

John Holmes

Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:10:07 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
>
>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help
>>> her to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
>>>
>>> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my

>> head.
>>> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?
>>>

>> Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)
>>
>> The second link looks like what you're looking for:
>> http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

> Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.
>
> I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me
> about it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even though
> she only asked me today

Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
business. Jeeezz, women......

--
<snip>

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:25:17 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:10:07 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
>>
>>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> head.
>>>>

>>> Results 1 - 20 of about 496,000 for avi editor. (0.30 seconds)
>>>
>>> The second link looks like what you're looking for:
>>> http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

>> Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.
>>
>> I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me
>> about it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even though
>> she only asked me today
>>

> Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
> business. Jeeezz, women......

I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

John Holmes

Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:25:17 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
>
>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Cheers, mate. That looks like what she's after.
>>>
>>> I would have googled myself but I was pretty busy when she asked me
>>> about it and she needed an answer like yesterday or sooner even

though
>>> she only asked me today
>>>

>> Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
>> business. Jeeezz, women......
>>

> I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch

I see...
http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

--
<snip>

chuckcar

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:rx9Ak.175122$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> I've been asked by a friend to recommend some free software to help her
> to remove the sound track from a .AVI file.
>
> I don't know of any software to achieve this end off the top of my head.
> Can anyone here suggest some software which might fit the bill?

Transcode - from freshmeat.net. Only works in *nix as yet, but works with
virtually *any* file format including flv and camcorder DV files. Warning:
it's command line *only*.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Aardvark

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:19:15 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:25:17 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
>>
>>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> though
>>>>

>>> Next time, tell her to use google herself so you can mind your own
>>> business. Jeeezz, women......
>>>

>> I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch
>>

> I see...
> http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

Mmmmmmmm! I've always loved tall blondes

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

John Holmes

Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:19:15 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
>
>> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

help

my

>> though

>>> I would have done, but she's bigger than me and packs quite a punch

>> I see...
>> http://people.msoe.edu/~raud/forum/Big_Girl2.jpg

> Mmmmmmmm! I've always loved tall blondes

If only my GF were one of them, wearing higheels and short skirts...
Damn.

--
<snip>

insert track reference in mp3 track D@Z Computer Support 1 05-02-2008 03:32 PM
Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
No sound in flash games/video, but sound on startup =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFR3b2JhZG91cnM=?= Windows 64bit 3 08-22-2005 05:45 PM
Sound track for Gold Rush - 1st version? Madra Rua DVD Video 0 08-16-2003 06:01 PM

Advertisments