Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Spyware..Trojan?

Re: Spyware..Trojan?

WebWalker

Dave C. wrote:
> A few days ago I was hit with spyware/trojan. I removed my McAfee and
> reinstalled it and was unprotected for about ond half day. Thats when it
> seemed to happen. I found two files that were installed in my Programs
> which caused
>
> In any event, I am running with XP Pro, SP2.

You might like to try "Spybot - Search & Destroy" :-
http://www.safer-networking.org/

It is a more capable spyware cleaning program.

Install the program and run its update.

Do the virus/spyware cleaning in "Safe Mode" which is more effective.

Good luck.

--
WebWalker

Ubuntu-http://www.ubuntu.com