Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > using different Betamax accounts via CallThru access numbers

using different Betamax accounts via CallThru access numbers

Michaela Huber

Hi,

I currently have 2 VoiP accounts (nonoh.net & poivy.com). Both of them
offer local access numbers in different countries so one can use a
mobile phone to make calls using these accounts.

But:
- the access numbers of both companies are *identical*
How can they identify me (ie. my account) ????

With nonoh I have still maybe 90 freedays remaining, with poivy there
are still 10 days left.

I will stay in the US for some weeks and will use a US-prepaid phone
with an US-number.

Do I have to verify this US-number on the account I plan to make use of
or will it be sufficient to enter that US number in my personal settings
(i.e. invoice data) ?

How will they make the accounting if I enter my US number at both accounts?

Thanks a lot in advance!

andy

On 16 Sep, 12:43, Michaela Huber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have 2 VoiP accounts (nonoh.net & poivy.com). Both of them
> offer local access numbers in different countries so one can use a
> mobile phone to make calls using these accounts.
>
> But:
> - the access numbers of both companies are *identical*
> * *How can they identify me (ie. my account) ????
>
> With nonoh I have still maybe 90 freedays remaining, with poivy there
> are still 10 days left.
>
> I will stay in the US for some weeks and will use a US-prepaid phone
> with an US-number.
>
> Do I have to verify this US-number on the account I plan to make use of
> or will it be sufficient to enter that US number in my personal settings
> (i.e. invoice data) ?
>
> How will they make the accounting if I enter my US number at both accounts?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

Hmmm, I've just found they've slightly altered the layout recently -
I'm looking at Justvoip and Voipbuster, but they will probably be
similar

The invoice page used to have space for just 2 numbers (nominally
landline and mobile, but it didn't matter), but now has five. I
haven't entered any numbers since this change, but before you could
add a number then overwrite another in each box and the old one would
not actually be removed off the account, so I gradually had about 5
phones I could use with one account

(the non-removal is why I advised people to be careful about
temporaily adding friends as a trial)

the access numbers used to be all different per brand, so a phone
could be listed in more than one, and you'd choose the number for the
brand you wanted

but having them common across brands started to happen from about Jan
to March this year (using the older differing numbers no longer helps)

now, if your phone is listed in both accounts, the call will go on one
as a default - you have no choice in the matter - and when I've done
it it would choose Voipbuster, which has higher tariffs for mobiles
than JV or Voipcheap ( I mostly made test calls and just listened to
the tariff announcement and then hung up, though let a couple connect)

so best would be for you to register your mobile in only one account.

but you can change things and remove your number from an account

if you reckon that the best tariffs for your favourite destinations
are spread across both brands, this will be a bit boring - you might
have to consider whether it'd worth messing about changing all the
time or just use only one account ( I notice that poivy has cut
tariffs recently, but who knows how long this will last)

as I say, in the past altering the numbers on the invoice page details
would not remove them, but they would be removed by going to the user
profile, and deleting numbers out of the boxes (you can also scroll
the number description back to blank)

it may be that with 5 boxes now on the invoice page, things will have
changed slightly, and I'll experiment with this a bit in the next day
or two

I hope I haven't waffled on too much with evolutionary details that
aren't necessarily needed, but might help if any confusion arises from
other people's comments derived from at differnt times

andy

On 16 Sep, 12:43, Michaela Huber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Do I have to verify this US-number on the account I plan to make use of
> or will it be sufficient to enter that US number in my personal settings
> (i.e. invoice data) ?

sorry, I wasn't clear enough on this bit:

it is sufficient to add the number into the invoice page details - you
don't have to verify the number ( which is for stuff like using it as
ID )

or it certainly was ok like that

Michaela Huber

andy schrieb:
> On 16 Sep, 12:43, Michaela Huber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Do I have to verify this US-number on the account I plan to make use of
>> or will it be sufficient to enter that US number in my personal settings
>> (i.e. invoice data) ?
>>

> sorry, I wasn't clear enough on this bit:
>
> it is sufficient to add the number into the invoice page details - you
> don't have to verify the number ( which is for stuff like using it as
> ID )
>
> or it certainly was ok like that

Thank you very much, andy.

Your explanation helped really a lot!

sending a Betamax SMS using a URL Graham. UK VOIP 4 07-23-2010 03:49 AM
To those using MS Outlook to access Hotmail accounts djdickjonson NZ Computing 1 06-23-2008 01:57 AM
Finarea/Betamax VoipIn Numbers Jeremy Porteous UK VOIP 12 01-01-2008 09:30 PM
Callthru Roger UK VOIP 8 01-03-2007 09:36 AM
Using mirrored accounts to access Active Directory Dan ASP .Net Security 0 06-08-2005 01:52 PM

Advertisments