Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > default interface settings

default interface settings

nick whitworth

Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

Thanks

Trendkill

On Sep 16, 6:04*am, nick whitworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
> interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?
>
> Thanks

write erase, restart.

Doug McIntyre

nick whitworth <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
>interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

Given a new enough IOS, and the proper interface name..

default interface Serial 0/0

nick whitworth

On 16 Sep, 12:15, Trendkill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 16, 6:04*am, nick whitworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
> > interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

> > Thanks

> write erase, restart.

Thanks but I wanted to know if there's an easy way to reset a single
interface config not an entire device config?

nick whitworth

On 16 Sep, 13:33, Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> nick whitworth <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
> >interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

> Given a new enough IOS, and the proper interface name..
>
> default interface Serial 0/0

Great, that's what I was after. Thanks very much

Trendkill

On Sep 16, 8:36*am, nick whitworth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 16 Sep, 13:33, Doug McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > nick whitworth <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > >Is there an IOS command that will reset a configured switch/router
> > >interface back to it's default, out-of-box setting?

> > Given a new enough IOS, and the proper interface name..

> > default interface Serial 0/0

> Great, that's what I was after. Thanks very much

Oh sorry about that.....must have been asleep at the monitor this
morning. Thanks Doug.