Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco 7507 vs juniper ssg 550

cisco 7507 vs juniper ssg 550

Famz Famz is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
We have a cisco 7507 router for our wan and are thinking of replacing it with juniper ssg 550. Currently we have 1 GEIP interface on the lan side of 7507 and 1 POS(STM/OC3) interface on the wan side. We have a few IP IP tunnels established and are running BGP over the wan and OSPF on the lan side. We also have the need of using PBRs. The main reason behind this change is that we are going to outgrow our STM capacity and need to upgrade to higher bandwidth on the wan side. hence similarly we will need to have a better option on the lan side instead of GEIP due to the limitation of 200mbps aggregate throughput on it.
Would juniper ssg 550 be suffice for our use, as we have never used an ssg on the wan side previously.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

regards
Famz

SESM & SSG Gordon Smith Cisco 6 04-29-2009 07:06 AM
SSG Internet Gateway Ant Cisco 0 01-06-2005 06:11 AM
Cisco 7507 VIP4 scarri Cisco 0 05-06-2004 01:51 AM
Cisco 7507 Boot Messages SingSong Cisco 0 12-06-2003 03:24 PM
Re: Upgrading Cisco 7507 routers Woon Cisco 0 07-14-2003 05:53 AM

Advertisments