Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera Query

Camera Query

Brettster

Several years ago, I used a Fuji Finepix S7000 digital camera with a
built-in flash and lens (neither were removable). The camera offered
6.3 MP photos and a with a focal length of 35 mm to 210 mm. Photos
were very good.

I would love to use a camera like this again, but I need more of a
wide-angle capability. (My Canon lens is 16 mm to 35 mm).

Can you recommend an easy-to-use camera that won't break the bank, but
that has a good wide-angle focal length?

Thanks!

Brettster

On Sep 14, 3:29 pm, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Brettster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Are you saying that you already have a Canon 16-35?

Yes. I use it with my Canon EOS-1 D digital camera, which is
unfortunately kind of old and shoots about a 5 MP image.

I could upgrade to a new Canon, but my budget may not allow that.
Whereas that Fuji took great photos...just lacked a wideangle lens.

Brettster

Great advice. Thanks!

Brett

ASAAR

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:02:33 -0700 (PDT), Brettster wrote:

> Several years ago, I used a Fuji Finepix S7000 digital camera with a
> built-in flash and lens (neither were removable). The camera offered
> 6.3 MP photos and a with a focal length of 35 mm to 210 mm. Photos
> were very good.
>
> I would love to use a camera like this again, but I need more of a
> wide-angle capability. (My Canon lens is 16 mm to 35 mm).
>
> Can you recommend an easy-to-use camera that won't break the bank, but
> that has a good wide-angle focal length?

Fuji's bridge cameras progressed from the S7000 to the S9000,
S9100 and the latest version is the greatly improved S100fs, which
is a bit larger, has a slightly larger 11mp sensor, better high ISO,
DR options, a wider range zoom lens (28-400mm), now uses a Li-Ion
battery, and finally has image stabilization. It won't match even
inexpensive DSLRs for action photography and working cleanly in
extremely low light levels, but takes great, very sharp photos for
most other types of photography. Its lens produces more "purple
fringing" than you'll get from most other cameras when zoomed to
28mm, but the PF can be avoided if you can avoid the shooting
conditions that produce it. For a pretty good three part review by
a pro that normally uses much larger cameras (Fujica GA645 and
Pentax 67) and recently replaced his Fuji S6000fd with the S100fs
see :

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...-test-fuj.html

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...lm-finepi.html

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...lm-finepi.html

ASP.NET won't retrieve query results that depend on union query Eric Nelson ASP .Net 5 02-04-2009 10:51 PM
Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help! Learner ASP .Net 1 01-30-2006 08:58 PM
xpath query query David Gordon XML 2 05-18-2005 03:33 PM
CAML Query: Multiple Query Fields Issue Jon F. ASP .Net Web Services 0 05-12-2004 08:19 PM

Advertisments