Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Can define a class for namespace A in some other namespace B?

Can define a class for namespace A in some other namespace B?

Peng Yu

Hi,

Suppose I have two namespaces A and B, I'm wondering if I can define a
class in B for A. The question is relevant when I want to specialize
some classes that have been defined in the std:: namespace. For
example, I have the following code

namespace my {
some code // it needs the specialized version of
std::less<std::complex<T> >
}

If I specialize std::less<std::complex<T> > in std::, it will be
effective for any namespace. However, I only want it be effective for
namespace my. I'm wondering if it is possible?

Thanks,
Peng