Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Resource Files, Images, And The ImageUrl Property

Resource Files, Images, And The ImageUrl Property

Nathan Sokalski

I have a resource file (*.resx) with several images in it. I am having
trouble finding a way to use these images for controls such as Image,
ImageButton, and other controls that an image can be assigned to. I have no
trouble using String resources, but since the ImageUrl property expects a
String, not an image, I am having trouple here. The only solution I can come
up with is to create an extra Page that takes a querystring and returns an
image, and then use that as the value for the ImageUrl, but it doesn't seem
like that should be necessary. Is there a way to get a string that can be
assigned to the ImageUrl property, or some way to access the images without
saving them as individual files? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Munna

Hi

check out this thread..
might help you
http://forums.asp.net/p/1299694/2534052.aspx

Regards

-------
Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.shatkotha.com

Nathan Sokalski

No, that does not help. I am looking for a way to use the image stored in
the *.resx file. I do not want to need to upload the original *.gif or
*.jpeg file, that is why I am putting the image in the *.resx file. The page
you mentioned suggests using a String in the *.resx file, which works if you
upload the original image, but if you are going to do that, you may as well
not even use a *.resx file.
--
Nathan Sokalski
(E-Mail Removed)