Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Clairtone DVD Player and Hitachi TV Help Needed

Clairtone DVD Player and Hitachi TV Help Needed

MaxAttacks

I know this equipment is older, but its what I have and I could use
some help getting it to work together. A manual for these would be
really helpful, as I don't have one for either of these. So, if anyone
has one they could email, I'd appreciate it.

The Clairtone DVD Player is a Model CLDVD201T with the following
connections on the back:

5.1-channel Output - Digital Audio Output - Video Output
FL FR Coaxial Optical Y
SL SR S-Video
Cb
Center Sub-W
Cr
I don't know how well the above will turn out when I post this, but I
tried.

The Hitachi TV is a 28", model CT-7884BC and I don't know how to
access the menu to make adjustments? It works fine, but when I hook
the DVD player to the TV using the S-Video, I don't get any audio,
(I've already tried using a couple of different S-Video cables with
the same result.) I previously posted in another newsgroup about the
Hatachi, but didn't have any luck there:
http://groups.google.ca/group/hitach...3a8eb34c?hl=en

In the Clairtones Setup menu under "General Setup", it shows options
for:
TV Display: Normal / PS, Normal / LB, or Wide
TV Type: Auto, NTSC, or PAL
Pic Mode: Auto, High-Res, or N-Flicker
Angle Mark: On, or Off
OSD Lang: English, or French
Audio Out: Analog, SPDIF/Raw, or SPDIF/PCM
Captions: On, or Off.
Scr Saver On, or Off
YUV Video: Video, or YUV

Under "Speaker Setup" I have the following options:
DownMix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, or Off
Center: On, or Off
Rear: Rear: On, or Off
SubWoofer: On, or Off
CNTR Delay: Shows a sliding scale with off as the final option
Rear Delay: " " " " " " "
" "
Test Tone: On, or Off

"Dolby Digital Setup" has these options:
OP Mode: Line Out, or RF REMOD
Dual Mono: Stereo, L-Mono, R-Mono, or Mix-Mono
Dynamic: Shows a sliding scale for RNG compression with off as the
final option

(There is also a "Preferences" option, but I don't seem to be able to
access it for some reason.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

M.

David E. Bath

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
MaxAttacks <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I know this equipment is older, but its what I have and I could use
> some help getting it to work together. A manual for these would be
> really helpful, as I don't have one for either of these. So, if anyone
> has one they could email, I'd appreciate it.
>
> The Clairtone DVD Player is a Model CLDVD201T with the following
> connections on the back:
>
> 5.1-channel Output - Digital Audio Output - Video Output
> FL FR Coaxial Optical Y
> SL SR S-Video
> Cb
> Center Sub-W
> Cr
> I don't know how well the above will turn out when I post this, but I
> tried.
>
> The Hitachi TV is a 28", model CT-7884BC and I don't know how to
> access the menu to make adjustments? It works fine, but when I hook
> the DVD player to the TV using the S-Video, I don't get any audio,
> (I've already tried using a couple of different S-Video cables with
> the same result.) I previously posted in another newsgroup about the
> Hatachi, but didn't have any luck there:
> http://groups.google.ca/group/hitach...3a8eb34c?hl=en

S-Video only has video, no audio. You'll have to either use the analog
audio outputs ot he digital audio outputs to get sound.

MaxAttacks

On Sep 14, 10:00 am, (E-Mail Removed) (David E. Bath) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> MaxAttacks <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

> > I know this equipment is older, but its what I have and I could use
> > some help getting it to work together. A manual for these would be
> > really helpful, as I don't have one for either of these. So, if anyone
> > has one they could email, I'd appreciate it.

> > The Clairtone DVD Player is a Model CLDVD201T with the following
> > connections on the back:

> > 5.1-channel Output - Digital Audio Output - Video Output
> > FL FR Coaxial Optical Y
> > SL SR S-Video
> > Cb
> > Center Sub-W
> > Cr
> > I don't know how well the above will turn out when I post this, but I
> > tried.

> > The Hitachi TV is a 28", model CT-7884BC and I don't know how to
> > access the menu to make adjustments? It works fine, but when I hook
> > the DVD player to the TV using the S-Video, I don't get any audio,
> > (I've already tried using a couple of different S-Video cables with
> > the same result.) I previously posted in another newsgroup about the
> > Hatachi, but didn't have any luck there:
> >http://groups.google.ca/group/hitach...d/thread/e6659...

> S-Video only has video, no audio. You'll have to either use the analog
> audio outputs ot he digital audio outputs to get sound.

Thanks David! I thought I had it all worked out, but I guess my
connections for the audio were loosened when I pushed the TV back in
place. Just as well though, I think the wires were connected to the
wrong connectors anyway. I think I might have to take a picture of the
back of this TV for reference. It's a real pig to try to move, but
thats the only way to see whats back there.

I could still use a user manual for these things, if anyone has one?

M.