Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > recovery cd

recovery cd

tomm

Is there a decent uk site where I could order a recovery disk for a pc or
laptop ?

I have a mate who needs to wipe all the crap off his pc but rather than
start from scratch with a fresh install, he would rather get hold of a
restore cd if possible

chuckcar

"tomm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:033d33a8$0$11376$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is there a decent uk site where I could order a recovery disk for a pc
> or laptop ?
>
> I have a mate who needs to wipe all the crap off his pc but rather than
> start from scratch with a fresh install, he would rather get hold of a
> restore cd if possible

That really depends on the brand and model of computer doesn't it? I can't
see you getting from anyone other than the manufacturer or possibly EBay
(*Not* recommended).

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Shinta Maru

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 01:50:57 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> "tomm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:033d33a8$0$11376$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Is there a decent uk site where I could order a recovery disk for a pc
>> or laptop ?
>>
>> I have a mate who needs to wipe all the crap off his pc but rather than
>> start from scratch with a fresh install, he would rather get hold of a
>> restore cd if possible
>>

> That really depends on the brand and model of computer doesn't it? I can't
> see you getting from anyone other than the manufacturer or possibly EBay
> (*Not* recommended).

The brand and model of the O/S might have more bearing.

Tony

That's what you think. I know where to download just about anything so
anything he needs i'll have. So obviously he could get the disc from me. Might
help if he said what he needs. It could even be a recovery console cd for
vista.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
proper manners

the realm of understandability

Plato

richard wrote:

> If it has "system restore" and a point created for the original
> creation date, go with that route first.
> It takes a lot less time and you wind up with about the same results.

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#15

Stacey Chuffo

Yeah, call the company that made the mother****er.