Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > RADIUS Server and Group Policies

RADIUS Server and Group Policies

pauled74@gmail.com

Hello all

I just implemented a RADIUS server on a win2k3 box for wireless client
at my office. The client computers connect without a problem but are
not authenticating to the RADIUS server until after the computer is
up. The problem is that those clients are not getting group policies
applied.

How do I configure RADIUS, the client computers, etc to authenticate
during startup so GP's get applied properly.

Thanks

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

> Hello all
>
> I just implemented a RADIUS server on a win2k3 box for wireless client
> at my office. The client computers connect without a problem but are
> not authenticating to the RADIUS server until after the computer is
> up. The problem is that those clients are not getting group policies
> applied.
>
> How do I configure RADIUS, the client computers, etc to authenticate
> during startup so GP's get applied properly.
>
> Thanks

Try enabling "Always wait for network at computer startup & logon" via GPO.