Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Lip Sync Problem

Lip Sync Problem

root

A friend bought some highly compressed DVDs of Chinese soap
operas in China. These have something like 14 or 15 hours
of old TV programs on a single PAL DVD. Back home my friend
can play these on an Apex and two different models of Koss
DVD players, each of which is several years old. The
Apex plays correctly; one of the Koss shows a one or
two second audio delay while the other Koss has a 15 second
delay.

With what I understand about the time stamps and clock information
of the data packets I can't understand how such differences can
bep possible among players. Anybody have an idea of what might
cause the loss of lip sync?

TIA

effectvdo@googlemail.com

This is for bad video to DVD converting software while authoring DVD.

Lots of dvd authoring software have this problem. I only find process
this problem very well with the tool total video2dvd
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_vi...thor/index.htm

root

> This is for bad video to DVD converting software while authoring DVD.
>
> Lots of dvd authoring software have this problem. I only find process
> this problem very well with the tool total video2dvd
> http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_vi...thor/index.htm

I want to know why the three different players have such
different delays. Apex plays perfectly, and Koss is as
much as 15 seconds off.

Lip sync problems with standalone HDD player rachey@gmail.com Computer Support 0 10-19-2006 06:23 PM
sync.rb difference between Sync::UN, Sync::EX and Sync::SH Trans Ruby 2 12-12-2005 02:43 PM
Lip Sync Andrew DVD Video 2 07-27-2004 01:26 PM
LOTR TWO TOWERS: lip sync problems at the start.....argh!!!!!!! JKML DVD Video 1 08-23-2003 04:03 PM
Re: Insomnia : LIP SYNC ARGH!!!!!! me@mybasement.com DVD Video 0 06-25-2003 04:04 AM

Advertisments