Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "Corrupt JPEG data" messages with Dreamweaver

"Corrupt JPEG data" messages with Dreamweaver

faerber.jan@gmail.com

Using DW:
Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista PC
with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before I
dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into the
WYSIWYG area in the left.
The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of that
massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html ) and I have
to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can start doing
anything. And then everything works normal.

I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with that
edition.

What is the problem here?

Neredbojias

On 11 Sep 2008, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Using DW:
> Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
> http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
> I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista PC
> with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before I
> dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into the
> WYSIWYG area in the left.
> The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
> marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
> And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of that
> massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html ) and I have
> to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can start doing
> anything. And then everything works normal.
>
> I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with that
> edition.
>
> What is the problem here?

Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/ http://www.neredbojias.net/

Jan Faerber

Neredbojias schrieb:
> On 11 Sep 2008, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Using DW:
>> Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
>> http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
>> I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista PC
>> with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before I
>> dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into the
>> WYSIWYG area in the left.
>> The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
>> marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
>> And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of that
>> massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html ) and I have
>> to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can start doing
>> anything. And then everything works normal.
>>
>> I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with that
>> edition.
>>
>> What is the problem here?

> Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

A programm can spoil a jpg-file? So that DW shouts "autch"?

Neredbojias

On 22 Sep 2008, Jan Faerber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

On 22 Sep 2008, Jan Faerber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Neredbojias schrieb:
>> On 11 Sep 2008, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> Using DW:
>>> Sometimes when I insert pics into my index.html file ( =>
>>> http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/ ) I get error messages.
>>> I took those pics with my mobile phone and safed them to my Vista
>>> PC with Nokia PC Suite. Most of them I edited with MS Paint before
>>> I dragged them from the file manager within DW from the right into
>>> the WYSIWYG area in the left.
>>> The messages say "Corrupt JPEG data: 220 extraneous bytes before
>>> marker 0xd9". The number is not always the same.
>>> And when I restart DW and open this index.html file I get many of
>>> that massages ( => http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/message.html )
>>> and I have to click about 10 or more times on "OK" before I can
>>> start doing anything. And then everything works normal.
>>>
>>> I did not try it with other pics at the moment. Just started with
>>> that edition.
>>>
>>> What is the problem here?

>> Somewhere along the line one of the programs is saving them wrong.

> A programm can spoil a jpg-file? So that DW shouts "autch"?

Isn't this the oooooold thread where an image with jpg extension turned
out to be a gif file or something like that?

Anyway, yes, some programs can corrupt or mis-save files with a wrong
extension sometimes. If I'm in doubt, I use Irfanview's "Information"
function to identify the image file-type. >

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

Jan Faerber

Neredbojias schrieb:

> Anyway, yes, some programs can corrupt or mis-save files with a wrong
> extension sometimes. If I'm in doubt, I use Irfanview's "Information"
> function to identify the image file-type. >

Ah yes, Irfan View - I think a student from Vienna's technical
university wrote that freeware. Ok - anyway, I stop it now because its
not right the html context.

Thank you - I will check it out.