Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Always got "Source not found" in Eclipse. Need help! Thanks inadvance

Always got "Source not found" in Eclipse. Need help! Thanks inadvance

mike-yue

Hi guys,

First take a look the project in Eclipse IDE:
http://picasaweb.google.com/needpass...30532018974802

The XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java belong to the same
package org.jfree.data.xy within jfreechart.jar(it is a GNU opensource
pack).
From the picture you can see the source is attached already. The jar
is already in the build path.
From the application TestFile.java using Ctrl+Click, the Eclipse IDE
can jump to the functions in XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java
without a problem. I believe that means the source code attached fine.

But in whatever runtime or debug, I always got error "Source not
found", and was asked to "Edit Source Lookup Path", but that did help
nothing.
I tried recreating the project, cleaning all, Refreshing, Validating,
no help.

I am new with Eclipse and Java. Sorry for bothing you maybe such a
simple question, but I've fighted this strange thing for two whole
days.

Any help would be appreciated.

mike-yue

On Sep 11, 6:00*pm, mike-yue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> First take a look the project in Eclipse IDE:http://picasaweb.google.com/needpass...y=rQ0S1KvVwCc#...
>
> The XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java belong to the same
> package org.jfree.data.xy within jfreechart.jar(it is a GNU opensource
> pack).
> From the picture you can see the source is attached already. The jar
> is already in the build path.
> From the application TestFile.java using Ctrl+Click, the Eclipse IDE
> can jump to the functions in XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java
> without a problem. I believe that means the source code attached fine.
>
> But in whatever runtime or debug, I always got error "Source not
> found", and was asked to "Edit Source Lookup Path", but that did help
> nothing.
> I tried recreating the project, cleaning all, Refreshing, Validating,
> no help.
>
> I am new with Eclipse and Java. Sorry for bothing you maybe such a
> simple question, but I've fighted this strange thing for two whole
> days.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The issue is: The two files have two classes within one jar file,
source code within one folder, all attached, how come the first one
got instance without problem, but the second one did. The jar
jfreechart is open source GNU package, so there is no problem with the
original package and jar.

mike-yue

On Sep 11, 6:07*pm, mike-yue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 11, 6:00*pm, mike-yue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Hi guys,

> > First take a look the project in Eclipse IDE:http://picasaweb.google.com/needpass...y=rQ0S1KvVwCc#...

> > The XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java belong to the same
> > package org.jfree.data.xy within jfreechart.jar(it is a GNU opensource
> > pack).
> > From the picture you can see thesourceis attached already. The jar
> > is already in the build path.
> > From the application TestFile.java using Ctrl+Click, the Eclipse IDE
> > can jump to the functions in XYSeries.java and XYSeriesCollection.java
> > without a problem. I believe that means thesourcecode attached fine.

> > But in whatever runtime or debug, I always got error "Sourcenot
> >found", and was asked to "EditSourceLookup Path", but that did help
> > nothing.
> > I tried recreating the project, cleaning all, Refreshing, Validating,
> > no help.

> > I am new with Eclipse and Java. Sorry for bothing you maybe such a
> > simple question, but I've fighted this strange thing for two whole
> > days.

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> The issue is: The two files have two classes within one jar file,sourcecode within one folder, all attached, how come the first one
> got instance without problem, but the second one did. The jar
> jfreechart is opensourceGNU package, so there is no problem with the
> original package and jar.

Found the answer: The jar calls another jar which has no source
attached.
Thanks for all your attention.