Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > size of a row (resultset)

size of a row (resultset)

Ashly

Hi All,

I am new to this group.

I have a problem. I need to construct an XML with the contents of a
database row, But the XML should be less than 500MB. The select query
returns 100 rows and each row contains a BLOB field. Is there any way
to calculate the size of a row in bytes?

Waiting for your help. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ashly.

tomaszewski.p

On 12 Wrz, 01:29, Ashly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to this group.
>
> I have a problem. I need to construct an XML with the contents of a
> database row, But the XML should be less than 500MB. The select query
> returns 100 rows and each row contains a BLOB field. Is there any way
> to calculate the size of a row in bytes?
>
> Waiting for your help. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ashly.

Maybe this link will be helpful:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/ap...b.html#length()