Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSEs...pls I need your help !!

MCSEs...pls I need your help !!

Paul Smith

I have a problem with my windows 2003 R2 server....it stays on Applying
Computer Settings for an hour when I reboot...

I noticed that the OpenLdap service [slapd.exe] cannot start even trying
restarting it manually is to no avail....gives error 1053 timely fashion
timeout something . Also I noticed that the process called inetinfo.exe is
running and taking a lot of memory...

This service is essential for the operation of my mail server as it uses
LDAP since I am not running exchange but an IMAP server. My .NET framework
is up to date as i found suggestion to update it....

Does anyone know any solutions? I am sure that if I manage to start this
service again everything will be in place as before.

Network Guru

"Paul Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uoQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a problem with my windows 2003 R2 server....it stays on Applying
> Computer Settings for an hour when I reboot...
>
> I noticed that the OpenLdap service [slapd.exe] cannot start even trying
> restarting it manually is to no avail....gives error 1053 timely fashion
> timeout something . Also I noticed that the process called inetinfo.exe is
> running and taking a lot of memory...
>
> This service is essential for the operation of my mail server as it uses
> LDAP since I am not running exchange but an IMAP server. My .NET framework
> is up to date as i found suggestion to update it....
>
> Does anyone know any solutions? I am sure that if I manage to start this
> service again everything will be in place as before.

I recommend going to work with creased trousers and shiny tasseled loafers.
The chicks dig a sharp dressed man and one may assist if you are dressed
properly.

kpg

"Network Guru" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I recommend going to work with creased trousers and shiny tasseled
> loafers. The chicks dig a sharp dressed man and one may assist if you
> are dressed properly.

Are you implying that chicks that are attracted to well-dressed men
are better at diagnosing startup problems than men who do not dress
well? I have not observed this in the field. What evidence do you
have?

kpg

"Paul Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:uoQ$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a problem with my windows 2003 R2 server....it stays on
> Applying Computer Settings for an hour when I reboot...

Does that mean after an hour it does start?

> I noticed that the OpenLdap service [slapd.exe] cannot start even
> trying restarting it manually is to no avail....gives error 1053
> timely fashion timeout something . Also I noticed that the process
> called inetinfo.exe is running and taking a lot of memory...
>
> This service is essential for the operation of my mail server as it
> uses LDAP since I am not running exchange but an IMAP server. My .NET
> framework is up to date as i found suggestion to update it....

You may have found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839174

and as recommended updated the framework. That it failed to resolve the
issue indicates that this may not be the problem.

What else would cause a service to no respond? Maxed out CPU usage,
dependant services not running, 'corruption' of the O/S, faulty hardware.

> Does anyone know any solutions? I am sure that if I manage to start
> this service again everything will be in place as before.

As before what?

What is the difference between when it worked and now?

Have you examined the eventlog for anything unusual?

Have you tried to boot in safemode?

Have you tried the creased pants and tasseled shoes?

JaR

On 9/12/2008,kpg had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> As before what?
>
> What is the difference between when it worked and now?
>
> Have you examined the eventlog for anything unusual?
>
> Have you tried to boot in safemode?
>
> Have you tried the creased pants and tasseled shoes?

Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

--
JaR
I suggest nuke & pave

kpg

> Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

No. But they sound delicious.

catwalker63

kpg <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:Xns9B1799453DF4Eipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16:

>> Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

> No. But they sound delicious.

I prefer crab and shrimp wontons with plum sauce at McGrath's. They're
fish & chips aren't bad either.

For dessert, I like Tony Roma's Cheescake with Strawberry Sauce.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

JaR

On 9/12/2008,catwalker63 had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> kpg <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:Xns9B1799453DF4Eipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16:
>
> >> Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

> > No. But they sound delicious.
> >

> I prefer crab and shrimp wontons with plum sauce at McGrath's.
> They're fish & chips aren't bad either.
>
> For dessert, I like Tony Roma's Cheescake with Strawberry Sauce.

Oferkrissakes! Yer such a girl.

--
JaR
Thank Ghod!

Paul Smith

oh may i intervene
i solved problem
such nonsense....i will switch off notify

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 9/12/2008,catwalker63 had the unmitigated gall to claim:
>
>> kpg <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
>> news:Xns9B1799453DF4Eipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16:

>> > No. But they sound delicious.
>> >

>> I prefer crab and shrimp wontons with plum sauce at McGrath's.
>> They're fish & chips aren't bad either.
>>
>> For dessert, I like Tony Roma's Cheescake with Strawberry Sauce.

> Oferkrissakes! Yer such a girl.
>
> --
> JaR
> Thank Ghod!
> Remove hat to reply

James P. Robbins, Jr. MSIS, CIT Faculty

Hi Paul: I am not MCSE yet but have taught college courses to prep for MCSE
for about 7 years now. May I suggest:

1. Please list the EXACT error message and hit PrtSc when the message
appears. then open MS Word and CTRL v to paste it into a Word document.

2. Follow correct boot procedures. Power down cold ( no power ) and
then restart. CTRL ALT DEL can mess up registry entrys.

3. The slow process inclines me to believe you have 1 or more viruses on your
server. I recommend Norton AV or McAfee. Be sure to run only one
antivirus program as multiple AV programs will conflict with each other and
eventually lock up the machine.

4. Set LDAP and other services to run Automatically, not manually.

5. Let me know if this helps, if not I'll try to research the problem for you.
Jim Robbins M.S. Information Science http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)